The Community Support Service was the very first RCC Inc program to receive funding at the end of 1993. The program provides support services to respond to the emergent needs of the local community placing priorities on vulnerable individuals, families and populations. Services include a mix of quality programs and activities that build skills, provide knowledge, promote personal and social development, promote physical well being, and create and sustain local networks. The program also builds and maintains networks with other service providers in the region to support ongoing service delivery, sustain referral pathways for clients and leverage opportunities for collaboration with the broader social service system.
The geographic area for the program is the Southern Tablelands – which includes, but is not limited to, Ravenshoe, Mt Garnet, Millaa Millaa, Innot Hot Springs and Silver Valley.
The focus of the Community Support Services Program is to:
- Provide access for vulnerable individuals, families and populations
- Support access to more targeted services for vulnerable children, young people and families
- Provide integrated and coordinated responses as part of the local service system
- Provide a mixed balance of program, services and activities including information, advice and referral
- Coordinate and support volunteers to deliver services such as information, advice and referral
Community Support services:
- Trained Community Support Workers available 25hrs per week Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm.
- Emergency Relief 10am to 12pm Monday to Friday
- Centrelink Access Point for clients to connect to Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support
- Social and Personal Development activities
- Support, Information and Referral
- NILS- No Interest Loans Scheme
Community Support services operate according to obligations outlined within the Community Services Act 2007 and meets the Human Services Quality Framework Standards.
All staff and volunteers are required to comply with the requirements of the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 by holding a current positive prescribed notice (blue card).
Phone: (07) 4097 6726
Phone: 04 4891 9805