Volunteering with RCC
Benefits for Volunteers
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community. Volunteering benefits you personally as it offers the chance to:
- Act on your values, passions and interests
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Develop personally and build confidence
- Enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Feel warm and fuzzy about helping your community
- Have fun
3 Bolton Street, Ravenshoe, Qld, 4888
Phone (07) 976 276
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community
Ravenshoe Community Centre is a registered Centrelink host organisation for volunteers.
If you are interested please contact the Community Centre on 40976726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The centre is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Needs 3 volunteers for 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday) a week to help run programs and care for clients.
Reception from 9am to 2pm. Duties include: welcoming clients and referring to appropriate area, answering the phone, maintaining Emergency Relief supplies, recording statistics, other tasks as required.
This is a volunteer position that would suit an outgoing person that enjoys communicating with a range of people. A high degree of empathy is desirable. Basic computer skills are essential.
MILLSTREAM CARE GROUP
The group works on Mondays and Tuesdays, maintaining and improving an area of the Millstream reserve. This is a position that would suit an outdoor person with gardening, landscaping or revegetation skills. For more information see the article on the Community Development page